Monday, April 7, 2014

POP ! ! ! !

Hi again, it's time for another post for Through the Purple Haze Challenge - "New Folding Technique", so lets get going and there will be more about the card later in the post.





Thanks to our Sponsor Hougie Crafts for the Tutorial on the Pop Up Box technique.  It was super fun to do and there is so many variations you can make.  Check out our DTs inspirations on Through the Purple Haze Blog, they are awesome!!  Then check out Hougie Crafts for lots of crafting fun!!

 Hougie Crafts
The digi I used was from Stitchy Bear's Digi Outlet and it is "Flowers for Mom", so I decided to do a box of flowers using the Pop Up Box. 
 Stichey Bear Stamps
The card is a 6x6 card and so to add a little more embellishments I put two buttons and a cord as if you had to open it, but it's just a fold.  So that is the front and I put my sentiment on one section and a butterfly on the other section.  Turning the card over, backside, I added some flowers.
Then POP ! ! ! !  here's my box of flowers and my image.

I used some blue cardstock from my stash, and the patterned paper is from Gina K, which has been in my hoarding stash.   LOL
Butterflies were punched with Stampin' Up Punch.
Flowers from my stash.
Buttons and cord from stash as well.
Sentiment on front is on small oval die from Spellbinders.
Matted with Small Scalloped Oval from Spellbinders.
My digi, Flowers for Mom were colored with my Copic Markers.

I had lots of fun making this and I hope you check out our sponsors so you can have fun too!!
So get our your scrappin' goodies and get going and join our challenge.  There are some images to be won from Stichy Bear's Digi Outlet.

So until next time,
Take Care and God Bless
Hugs
Joanie




5 comments:

  1. Very cute! I have made two like this but I didn't put the button closure look. I love the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow what a cutsie card....and the thought into it....amazing and so well done......good for you i love it. (Its a Yeeha!!! card)

    fiona
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joanie!! What a beautiful pop up box!! It would make a great card for anybody!!
    Hugs
    Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is so sweet Joanie! Love your pretty pop up box, a truly gorgeous flower surprise this is! Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog, take care, Ira x
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Joanie, this is adorable! Love those baby blue colors, and the darling images popping up inside. I have not made a box card yet, and yours is really sweet! So glad you visited my blog today. I've enjoyed browsing your blog this afternoon, and seeing all the different techniques used with your style. Very cute! I am your newest google follower! hugs, de {Creative Smiles}

    ReplyDelete