Monday, February 3, 2014

New News..... New Card

Hi everyone and I am so very glad to be back, after nursing a really bad shoulder for a month, doing what I love, making cards, but first I have some great news to share.  I have been asked to be a Design Team Member for Through the Purple Haze!!!!  


 TTPH

You have got to come visit and see all of the awesome cards that are made by some really great talented team mates!!!!  It is really a fun place and I know you will enjoy visiting and entering our challenges.   So let's get going here!!








Since I have been off for a month I really enjoyed making this card. So here is the materials I have used and a little about how it was done.

I started with a 12x6 piece of white cardstock and cut the heart with my Zing cutter in the front of the card.
I used the dotted Pattern paper from a 6x6 Pad, Dots and Stripes by Echo Park and cut the heart shape in that also, but fussy cut after tracing the original heart to be sure it would line up exactly.
The heart trims, front and back of the heart, was cut from 2 doilies.  The small hearts were parts of the doily also.
The image is from Sassy Studio Designs and she is "Fire Pole Girl SSD 628". She is a real cutie!!!
I printed the image twice, but the second one was a mirror image so they would match when I put them on the spinner cord, which is monofilament fishing line, and I colored them with my Copic Markers. 
 I used my Xyron to run the images through and put the monfilament line exactly center from top to bottom and also put the line between the dotted paper and the white cardstock being sure they were centered also so she would turn.  (Be sure to use good adhesive tape to secure line if you should make a spinner.)
I then cut some flames, 4 sets also, so when I put them on the inner strip they would also line up and match exactly.
I glued the other end of the strip on the inside of my card with the sentiment.
Added some flowers from my stash and that was the finishing touch. 

I will say, this took some time because of it being a spinner and having to line up exactly all the pieces so when you looked at the front of the card you would only see the Firehouse Girl on the pole.  Fun, Fun, Fun!!!

You really need to check out our awesome sponsors shop Sassy Studio DesignsYou will just want to get all the digis....  kind of like potato chips, you can't have just one.  LOL

                                                       Sassy Studio Designs
So now it's your turn to start creating a card to post in our Challenge #27 - Love is in the Air and you could  be the lucky winner of 4 free images from our generous sponsor.

                                                        Blog Button
I hoped you enjoyed your visit and I will be back with more creations soon.


Until then
Take care and God Bless.
Hugs
Joanie

This card will be entered in the following challenges:


Creative Cutting Challenge - Valentines Day
Make it Monday - Always Anything Goes
The Pink Elephant Monday Card Challenge - Love
Sassy Studio Designs - Make Your Image Pop



17 comments:

  1. I am stunned and amazed by your work here. I can't imagine how much time and effort you put into this card- and it totally pays off. Gorgeous. Faith

    ReplyDelete
  2. A brilliant modern valentine!

    Thank you so much for leaving a lovely comment on my blog

    Have a Great day!

    Hugs

    Bridie@BGPayne Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Joan! I love that it is a spinner card. Very bright and vibrant. Love it!!!!
    Hugs
    Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just adorable, the colors, image and design are perfect.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card Joan..love the image and wonderful colours..
    Thanks for sharing with us at Make it Monday..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your awesome card. Thank you for playing with us in this challenge at Creative Cutting Challenge.

    Carolyn
    CCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fantastic!! really love the fire!! Awesome card!! Saw you on MIM!!

    - Susan
    {Scrap A Thousand Words}
    {Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges}

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is amazing! Love the brightness and boldness, it works so well x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing love the colours, so very fresh and bright jut makes you smile.....its beautifully made too...

    fiona DT
    x....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! Reallly pops! Perfect for our challenge! Thank you for joining us at Sassy Studio Designs DTBST challenge this week! HUGS

    Kim
    SSD DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your card, saw you on Make it Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Joanie what a fabulous card i love the colours they really pop...the sassy image looks fabulous ...what am i on about? its a gorgeous card and very sassy xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd say this is one cool card but it's really a "hot one"! lol Great job and thanks for joining us at Creative Cutting Challenge this time.
    Cindy
    DT Leader

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabby coloring!! Love that you have colored both sides!!
    Thank you for joining us at the Creative Cutting Challenge!!
    Hugs Heather DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your awesome card. Thank you for playing along with us in the challenge at CCC

    Carolyn
    CCC DT

    ReplyDelete