Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Sharing Special Cards With You

This post is a little long as I am posting some Special Request cards made for Sunshine Mail children, so get your favorite drink or a cup of coffee and sit back and have a look.  Hopefully, this will inspire you to send a card too.  ; )

I am posting a few cards, well, 4 really, that were Special Requests for children at Sunshine Mail.  This is so awesome that we can send a card to put a smile on a child's face.  This is the story behind each card. 

The first card is for Veronica a special 10 year old happy child despite everything she goes through (blood transfusion every 3 weeks) and she loves horses and her favorite color is pink.  Well, I don't do animals, but I got on a hunt and found a site "Coloring Book Pages for Children" and there was a horse. 

 


I thought a step card would be cute as she can stand it up and be able to look at him without opening the card and touch him to make him trot as he is on a wobble. It really works great too.. you know I had to play with it to make sure it worked.  ; )

Black Beauty  - is from Raising Our Kids, and yes, I know I colored him brown because I thought it would brighten the card and besides (I don't do black very well)  :)
So my apologies to Black Beauty.
The cardstock is from my stash as well as the buttons.
The Burlap Flowers are from Spare Parts.
Used a Wobble and he really trots pretty good.  I hope Veronica gets a big smile when she gets the card. 


The Second Card is for Leilani a special 3 year old, she has had 20 surgeries, and spends lots of time in the hospital.  She loves to dance and her favorite colors are Pink and Purple and loves Minnie Mouse, Disney Princesses, and My Little Pony.
Well, I liked "Dance" one of her favorites, so Leilani lets Dance with Minnie.

 
 
I decided to put Minnie Mouse in a swing card so she can twirl around and do a dance for Leilani.  All of the material used are out of my stash.  I hope she smiles and does a dance with Minnie.  : )
 
The third little girl is Ava and she is  6 years old.  She loves stickers and likes to do crafty projects and make pictures.  Well, "Crafty", now we're talking.  So I did a really crafty card using:
 

My Crafty Girl stamp from Fresh Brewed Designs and colored it with my Copic Markers.  I popped up layers to give it some depth and added all the "stickers" or tags I had on hand to give it a really crafty look for Ava.  I hope this gets a big smile from her.
 
And last but not least is Kylie, a 6 year old who loves to draw, and her favorite animals are penguins and sled dogs.  Oh, my, here I go hunting again.  I have lots of stamps and digis, but you know, I have never had the need for a penguin or a sled dog.  But I found one.  So he's popped up on some ice cubes cut from my MTC Gallery and cut out the snowflake with my new Spellbinders Die, the background is a Sizzix snowflake embossing folder.  Do you agree he's cool?  I hope Kylie is cool with this card.  ;)
 

  
 
Well, my friends, I hope you enjoyed the journey with the children from Sunshine Mail and hope some of you got some inspiration to send a card or two.  Check out the site first or here are the requirements.

Create Sunshine Mail  <<< Click here

Create Sunshine Mail to help brighten a child’s day.

Card Donation Guidelines:

    • Sunshine Mail Foundation accepts handmade cards.
    • Anyone can send a card. In fact, we encourage you to include your children.
    • Please send only cheerful cards. Please do not send get well cards, birthday cards or holiday cards.  For sentiment suggestions, please refer to our list below.
    • Because the children we send Sunshine Mail to come from all different backgrounds, please do not send religious cards.
    • Envelopes are not required. However, if you choose to include an envelope, please do not seal them as the parent or guardian may want to preview the cards before giving them to their child.
    • There are no size requirements for the cards.
    • Cards must be signed  Your First Name, From Your State.
    • Please do not use loose glitter or confetti in the cards.
    • Cards must be received to the address below by the deadline to be included.
    • Please include a Donation Form along with your cards.

Please send Sunshine Mail cards and items to:

Sunshine Mail Foundation
2465 Centreville Road
#J17-767
Herndon, VA 20171


My cards will be going out soon to be received by the children by the date asked, but there are many, many more waiting for the mailman to arrived with a card for them.  Are you sending one?  I knew I could count on you!!!!!

So that's all for now,
until next time
Take care and God Bless,
Hugs
Joanie

 


1 comment:

  1. How CUTE is this crafty girl card! I LOVE the tags and the beautiful bow! So super fun!!!

    ReplyDelete